Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thomas Paine Once Wrote.....

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."

----Thomas Paine

I wish I could scratch these words into my skin, into my very soul in a way that would make them feel more tangible than they do. I try to walk in these words. I feel as though, in a time where finding MEANINGFUL, lucrative work is difficult; when finding work I want to do is difficult, and not knowing who I am and feeling as though I have no guarantee of how things are going to work out, I walk in these words. I feel them and they propel me into faith. They make me feel more vindicated; this is a hard time, and it is hard to stand tall in such a time. And for those who do it, they accomplish something quite special.



No comments: