Wednesday, December 15, 2010

What's The Dream

"What's The Dream..." I ask others, interested in what they want to do. The Page Program at a particular national television network where I work has been a wonderful place to ask this question, since all of us are in the same age range, want to do something creative/ enterainment based, and are young enough to still have dreams. When I look at them I wonder how they're hanging it together given that most of them have a rent and/ or car to pay for. I couldn't imagine the struggle. Now that I'm back with my immediate family, I can't really imagine "going home" for the holidays. On most days in Los Angeles, I like where I am.

What's My Dream? I don't know. That's something after hours, days, years of self-searching that I'm still trying to figure out. Pursue exactly what I want and deal with the probable financial consequences? Pursue something else and make money? Find a balance? Is there a balance? I'm not sure. But I'm trying to figure it out. A true libra 'til the end, I'm a scale, weighing options in both hands, sorting them, filing and balancing them all, trying to find where the right thing fits. That's why I'm so indecisive. With life there are so many paths, so many possibilities, they all need to be looked at, not just taken quickly. That's the way it is for me. I'm looking forward to the day that I can make a choice and not regret it; not play the-grass-is-always-greener-on-the-other-side-of-the-fence game.

No comments: