Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Can I Hustle to Flow?

In my flowing I've been hustling half-heartedly
So can I hustle full tilt long enough
To flow?

Tolkein wrote, "Not all those who wander are lost." In this way I feel as though I wander sometimes because I want to and other times because I am lost. But I think that what we think of as being lost just means we are on a path that's hard to see until you're far enough along to look back and see where you came from. Only then, I think, can you see where you're going and that you are, indeed, on a path.

Feet have hit this pavement several times over
Car's driven past this spot too many times to count
And yet today
For the first time
I look down and see with all of my worry
This, transcribed in wet concrete that dried
"Don't worry about a thing,
every little thing is gonna be alright."
---Bob Marley

No comments: