Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Germany's Metropolis and the American Dream

I've never seen Metropolis but am quite sure I know what this epitome-of-German-expressionist-film's story is about. The crucial and seemingly never ending struggle between the poor working class and the wealthy in a capitalist society.

This just in: the American Dream is now dead. I kind of finally understand what Hunter S. Thompson was searching for. Perhaps in his drug-addled state, and in my sober one, he and I have come to the same conclusion. This depresses me, but I believe in not wasting the pretty. Not wasting the most precious commodity, time.

The world is Mad Max and the post apocalypse of the Postman. I've moved past sadness although it still tugs at me, into looking out for me, my family and my friends alone. That's all that matters. It is a dog eat dog world and I'm going to make it if I have to use tooth and nail.

Signing out.

Also, in an attempt to keep this blog closed to stupid Asian people who keep commenting with Asian language characters, I'm seriously thinking about revamping my privacy settings. If you don't know me, I don't want to hear your comments, especially if you are too stupid or cowardly to write them in English. Post one and it will be deleted.

Enough said.


No comments: