Friday, September 5, 2008

Looking Glass or Window?

 I'm in my car and I'm looking at the passenger side- side view mirror and thinking "if a mirror is made of glass and a window is made of glass, and one gives you a clear view and the other gives a reflection, what makes them different?"

  So often I feel as though I have the clearest view of myself because no one FEELS me like I do; no one lives in my skin and mind and feels 100% of me. But on the other hand, my view is not completely clear. I do not look at myself as a person through a clear window; I see myself in a subjective, and sometimes skewed mirror. Sometimes in order to get the best view of oneself, you need to look to others; usually friends, and those friends who can be balanced and truthful and more objective to really see yourself. It's strange; who would think you would need others to get your own self?
   
    And in the end, trying not to be as whiny or self aware or melancholic, because I am actually in a good mood, I would just like to say that everyday of my life I find myself to be more immensely complex than the day before. I suppose, like windows and mirrors, there are purposes for both and the same can be said about our view of ourselves and the connection we have with others. 

  

No comments: