Saturday, November 22, 2008

New Apartment

Los Angeles, I'm a-comin'! 

In five days, some time around 10 pm I will be in my home state, graced by warm air, smog and the bustle of cars and city lights. I will be met with family who love me and a menagerie of animals I've been waiting for months to see. I will dine at My Taco and fill my bbq apetite at Barn Burner. 

And when I return, it will not be to Todd Village, my first adult apartment out of college, but to my first grown-women's-let's-make-smarter-decisions-apartment. 

It's a little bittersweet to be saying goodbye to Todd Village. It's cheesy but the rent is low and it's sufficed so far. There were a lot of memories made here though; ones of deep sadness and neglect, of soaring and souring hope and romanticism and nighttime sexual chemistry. 

Here's what I hope this next apartment will see: 

Steady romance
Lasting happiness
Good faith
Good people
Creative success
Healthy relationships
Faithful Love
Love, Love, Love, Love

This is my prayer

No comments: