Friday, November 7, 2008

There is a Season, Turn, Turn, Turn.....

Change inevitably comes but sometimes it comes in torrents, pouring down in torrential drops and sometimes it comes in slow motion, so slow it seems to stand still. 

But change inevitably comes and in this way the country and my own life have taken leaps and bounds, not simply dripping towards change like I've felt in the past. 

Last Friday started with a call that I'd received a free cruise. Not an entirely bad way to start a day. Friday was also Halloween and I celebrated it just right. 

Tuesday night rolls around and we find out that Obama is elected; a man who ran an entire campaign on the idea that our country needs to go through fundamental change in order to be the place it should be. Perhaps this call the change struck a chord in me, resounding the bell at my core. 

I got a prayer that was passed along from my friend Emily to women who've touched her life. The prayer said I should make a wish. That was the same day a special someone showed up at work, taking photographs. From that moment on I couldn't wait for him to come back for another shoot. 

He came back a few days later and I felt another spark. There might be possibly more, but being in this crush place again I realize some of the things I legitimately miss about S. But it doesn't matter how much I miss those particular things or if I never get them again; the whole package was wrong and I won't sacrifice the whole for the bits and pieces. 

No, this new guy; I like talking to him. He makes me happy when he comes in to work. If things don't work out the way I want them too, I only need to see this as an encouraging sign; I've met them outside the summer months, felt organic sparks with them and while they both of some issues, and we might never be an item, maybe I'm moving ever closer to someone who can be my match. 

No comments: