Thursday, June 18, 2009

Harmful Habits

"Why do I do this," I think to myself, hands in my hair and a frown on my face as I fall into old harmful habits of looking up his blog. "Why do I continue to care so much?" Another good question. Questions with answers buried too deep to fully know. 

All I can think is, why the fuck is he here now? Who among the Oregon-California border allowed his evil blue motorcycle to cross the Brown Bear Republic's state line? Convinced I would see him in Portland, I never did, and it felt as though his ghost traveled with me, driving me to find a shred of evidence he was still somewhere in my life. It felt good and remarkably sad to elusively move from apartment to apartment and then to a different state, and all the while he never knew. He also, almost certainly doesn't give a shit about me and probably hasn't since leaving my apartment that morning. 

All I can say is, out of a county that has over nine million people in it, I better not see him, especially since Geoffrey still has Oregonian license plates. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking from experience, you are only hurting yourself by looking up info on him. Don't. However tempted you might be. Don't. Also, it is very easy to under-rate yourself, but don't fall into that trap either. It isn't constructive and you don't know anything for a fact. I know it's not easy, but doing those two things will only make you feel worse when you don't deserve to.
oxox