Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Aimless

I don't have much time to write this, and in fact I should be getting ready for my real job....you know, the one that actually pays....

Had lunch with my editor yesterday and am now in a real fix. Here's the issue; I can either remain an intern, helping a magazine, getting an intern credit getting more clips, but for what? Is journalism, even magazine journalism dying a slow death, or, when the economy finally recovers, will magazines bounce back as well? And who am I if not a writer? What else can I pursue that will make me feel fulfilled? After all, I've spent so much time going after writing, writing, writing. Working for free, which I hate. And I'm at the point now, where living with my parents is doable, but I've paid my dues. I want a place of my own.

But I've worked so hard and for so long in the writing field. What if I give up and Los Angeles Magazine is poised to offer a job and then I'm not around to be considered? How long should I hold on for? I'm not sure.

When will this economy speed up? When will it get better? When will the national anxiety go away? Not sure, but praying every damn day.

No comments: